From our childhood we all listen to patriotic songs. Along with songs when we hear officer’s bravery fight stories with our enemies our eyes are not only filled with tears but we are also proud of our nation. If you want to serve for your mother country with better career then NDA is a better way to get admission in this field.
Every year twice entrance exam is held by Union Public Service Commission for admission in National Defense Academy (NDA). This year this exams will held on 19th August in more than 40 states all over the Nation. It is studied that 33% vacant seats are available for officer’s post. From this exam 355 seats will be filled in which there 195 seats for army, 39 for navy, and 66 seats for air force and also 55 seats in Indian Naval Academy will be appointed.
Structure of Exam:
In Written exam of two papers questions are asked based on Math’s and General Ability of respectively 300 and 600 marks. For both papers two and half hour is given, in this objective type exam negative marking is effectual in admission. So try to give more and more correct answers.
Paper 1 : In first paper of math’s questions are related to algebra, trigonometry, 2D and 3D geometry, matrix, calculations, interior calculations, vector algebra and statics etc are asked. They are similar to 12th examinations papers.
Paper 2: General intelligence test is of total 600 marks. In this two category exams, the first is of questions related to geography and history and second is related to current issues or whatever have happened in the country.
Intelligence and Personality Test:
After passing writing exams students are called for their second level exam of intelligence and personality (Psychological Aptitude Test) by service selection board at different centers. Here for these two levels five days is continually utilized. Only who manage to pass first level they are entered at second level. At level NDA army or Navy wing or Naval academy executive branches officers’ level potential is tested. During this period air force pilot’s aptitude test is also taken. At last passing all the levels exams and gaining marks required for passing one can be selected .
• Keenly study each and every word of NCERT Textbooks of class 11th and 12th .
• For history, science and geography study 10th textbooks.
• In chemistry pay attention in chemical analysis, inorganic compound, periodic table, equilibrium etc.
• In physics pay attention in electro mechanism, magnetism and thermodynamics.
• Mathematics is important exam so study from 11th and 12th text books.
• Practice to solve NDA exam papers in given duration.
• Remember it is better to understand concepts in spite of learning.
• For such exams student’s intelligence, self confidence and their ability to make a decision in difficult situations helps them to keep their mind cool and little bit mistake may ruin your hard work.
• For better marks in English practice grammar, reading and writing.
• Do good practice of Psychological test such as association test (W.A.T), Thematic appreciation test (T.A.T), Situation Reaction Test (S.R.T), Self Descriptions (S. D) etc, many books are available related to it you can also take help of internet.
• In Biology have a look into chapters of disease and causes, animal world and plant anatomy .
How To Apply :
Application: Apply online at website: www. upsconline. nic. in .
Applicant date of birth should not be before 2nd July 1994 and not after 1st January 1997.Applicant should not be married. Applicant should be 10+2 passed. For admission in navy and air force applicant should have 10th + 2 in physics and math’s .